This is a face to face event at the Ivy Hill Hotel, Margaretting, Chelmsford
2-day Introduction to Immunisation course
Suitable for registered nurses who need to complete a 2-day theory training.
The training will cover all aspects of immunisation practice inline with PHEs Immunisation Training Standards for Healthcare Practitioners tailored to the context of General Practice.
Sessions will include:
- The aims of immunisation, national vaccine policy and schedules
- The immune response to vaccines and how vaccines work
- Vaccine preventable diseases and vaccines for diphtheria, tetanus, polio, Hib, pertussis, hepatitis B, measles, mumps, rubella, rotavirus, HPV, pneumococcal, meningococcal disease (all strains), flu, COVID and shingles.
- The different types of vaccines, their composition and the indications and contraindications
- Current issues in immunisation
- Legal issues in immunisation
- Documentation, record keeping and reporting
- Storage and handling of vaccines
- Correct administration of vaccines
- Adverse events following immunisation
- Communicating with patients, parents and carers about vaccines
- Strategies for optimising immunisation uptake