2 day Introduction to Immunisation course
Suitable for registered nurses who need to complete a 2-day theory training.
The training will cover all aspects of immunisation practice inline with PHEs Immunisation Training Standards for Healthcare Practitioners tailored to the context of General Practice.
Sessions will include:
- Importance of immunisation training for immunisers
- Developing immunisation practice and professional accountability
- Aims and design of immunisation programmes
- Vaccine preventable disease and the current UK schedule
- How vaccines work and the different types of vaccines
- Adverse events following immunisation
- Using vaccines safely – contraindications & precautions
- Ordering and storage of vaccines
- Administration of vaccines to patients
- Vaccine hesitancy
- Consultation and communication skills
- Resources to support practice