THIS UPDATE DAY IS ONLY SUITABLE FOR HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONALS WHO HAVE ALREADY COMPLETED IMMUNISATION/VACCINATION TRAINING.
This comprehensive immunisation update aims to support Healthcare Professionals to reflect on immunisation practice and identify areas for development to support the delivery of high quality and safe immunisations.
- Current issues in immunisation (changes depending on national updates at time of delivery)
MMR, HPV, Pneumococcal, Shingles, updates on Flu and COVID vaccination programmes, Severe Combined Immune Deficiency Syndrome (SCID) and live vaccines.
- Recent epidemiology of vaccine preventable disease
- Any changes to vaccine recommendations or national policy
- Update on vaccine ordering, storage and administration
- Any changes to legislation relevant to vaccination
- Review of current practice, recent vaccine incidents and identification of areas for improvement
- Q&As throughout the session