This course is accredited by the CPD Certification Service.
An online workshop, held over two mornings, to deliver training to staff working in GP practices. The training programme is based on NHS England’s correspondence management and optimisation recommendations. The course is for Managers, experienced Administration Staff, Scanners and Read coders.
The aim is to provide students with the knowledge, confidence and skills to process all incoming correspondence about patients from hospitals, community services and other healthcare organisations freeing up GPs time.
This workshop is a mix of theory and practice with taught sessions, discussion and group work. There is also the opportunity to share good practice and discuss the implementation of safe processes and policies
Course content is as follows:
- Explanation of correspondence management and workflow optimisation
- What is a low-risk letter type?
- Identifying key actions, read codes, and medication changes
- Understanding the clinical system – default areas, templates, capturing information
- Enhance staff Read code knowledge (SNOMED)
- Protocol and processes to ensure the optimisation works smoothly and in a way the partners feel comfortable with the way letters are handled
- Group work – discussions, exercises and practical work
This workshop will be delivered ONLINE using Microsoft Teams
To download Microsoft Teams – Click here
It is essential that your camera remains on and you have a microphone to interact to complete this course.