About The Role
We are currently looking for a Salaried GP to join our busy practice for six sessions a week, with a view to GP Partnership if interested. Must be available for full day or afternoon sessions.
Working as part of our multidisciplinary team, you will have the opportunity to support and care for a diverse patient group.
The main responsibilities of the role include:
- Undertaking a variety of duties including surgery consultations, telephone consultations and queries, checking and signing repeat prescriptions and dealing with queries, paperwork, reports and correspondence in a timely fashion;
- Making professional, autonomous decisions in relation to presenting medical problems, whether self-referred or referred from other healthcare workers within the organisation;
- Assessing the healthcare needs of patients with undifferentiated and undiagnosed problems;
- Screening patients for disease risk factors and early signs of illness;
- Developing care plans for health in consultation with patients and in line with current practice disease management protocols;
- Providing health education;
- Recording clear consultation notes to agreed standards;
- Collecting data for audit purposes and complying with QOF requirements;
- Delivering enhanced services;
- Compiling and issuing computer-generated acute and repeat prescriptions;
- All general duties and responsibilities associated with a GP working within primary care.
- This role is also being advertised on the NHS Jobs website – please complete only one application.
- We have the right to close the advert earlier if we reach the maximum number of applications.
- NO AGENCIES PLEASE
About The Candidate
You will have the following qualifications:
- Fully qualified GP with GMC registration
- Annual appraisal and revalidation (when appropriate)
- Be on the NHSE medical performers list and skills, including:
- Good understanding and experience of chronic disease management and primary prevention & screening services
- Ability to take responsibility for your own career development, learning and performance and are responsible for ensuring that all your mandatory training is in date
- Awareness of and compliance with all relevant practice policies/guidelines, e.g. prescribing, confidentiality, data protection, health and safety
- Commitment to life-long learning and audit to ensure evidence-based best practice
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills in a confidential manner
- We are a 2 GP partner practice serving approximately 5,700 patients and situated in the busy town of Southend.
- We use the SystmOne clinical system, with a history of high QOF achievement and a CQC rating of good across all domains.
- Disclosure and Barring Service Check
Please note this post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service to check for any previous criminal convictions.