These two half day workshops will be delivered ONLINE using Microsoft Teams
This course is accredited by the CPD Certification Service.
Two half day online workshops to deliver training to staff working in GP practices. The training programme is based on NHS England’s correspondence management and optimisation recommendations. The course is for Managers, experienced administration staff, Scanners, Read coders. Delegates must attend both sessions.
The aim is to provide students with the knowledge, confidence and skills to process all incoming correspondence about patients from hospitals, community services and other healthcare organisations freeing up GPs time.
These workshops are a mix of theory and practice with taught sessions, discussion and group work. There is also the opportunity to share good practice and discuss the implementation of safe processes, policies and audit.
Facilitated by Jill Warn.
This exciting new course content is as follows:
DAY 1 – Morning
- Explanation of correspondence management and workflow optimisation
- What is a low-risk letter type?
- Identifying key actions, read codes, and medication changes
- Understanding the clinical system – default areas, templates, capturing information
- Group work – discussions, exercises and practical work
DAY 2 – Afternoon
- Enhance staff Read code knowledge (SNOMED)
- Protocol and processes to ensure the optimisation works smoothly and in a way the partners feel comfortable with the way letters are handled