This training course has been commissioned by Mid & South STP. This course will be provided free of charge to practices within the Southend-on-Sea and Castle Point & Rochford CCG locality only.
This course is accredited by the CPD Certification Service.
A one day workshop to deliver training to staff working in GP practices. The training programme is based on NHS England’s correspondence management and optimisation recommendations. The course is for Managers, experienced administration staff, Scanners, Read coders.
The aim is to provide students with the knowledge, confidence and skills to process all incoming correspondence about patients from hospitals, community services and other healthcare organisations freeing up GPs time.
The workshop is a mix of theory and practice with taught sessions, discussion and group work. There is also the opportunity to share good practice and discuss the implementation of safe processes, policies and audit.
Facilitated by Jill Warn.
This exciting new course content is as follows:
- Explanation of correspondence management and workflow optimisation
- What is a low-risk letter type?
- Identifying key actions, read codes, and medication changes
- Understanding the clinical system – default areas, templates, capturing information
- Enhance staff Read code knowledge (Version 2, CTV3 and SNOMED)
- Protocol and processes to ensure the optimisation works smoothly and in a way the partners feel comfortable with the way letters are handled
- Group work – discussions, exercises and practical work