This CPD accredited theoretical update for cytology has been developed for practitioners who are trained to take cervical samples.
Facilitated by Valerie McMunn
THIS IS LIVE ONLINE TRAINING, DELIVERED VIA MICROSOFT TEAMS.
You will have better facilities and audio if you download the Teams app to your PC first. To Download Microsoft Teams click here
This is a half day Cytology Update workshop for GPs
Some of the topics that will be covered are:-
- Discussion of the screening programme.
- Influences in the uptake of women
- Prior notification lists.
- Anatomy and physiology in relation to sample taking and possible findings.
- Cervical cancer
- HPV and its impact on care
- Responsibilities of the sample taker,
- Female genital mutilation.
- Understanding test results.
Please note that only registered nurses and doctors can take cervical samples and must have completed recognised training in sample taking prior to this update.
You must also have quality assessed 20 consecutive recent samples (can be over the last 3 years) that you have taken looking at reflective practice and inadequacy rates prior to attending the update. This is a NHSCSP requirement.