Time: 9.15am – 4.30pm
This CPD accredited theoretical update for cytology has been developed for practitioners who are trained to take cervical samples.
The update covers all the requirements that are set by the NHS Cervical screening programme (Nov 2016) to ensure that the sample taker has met the guidance for continuing to take samples.
Some of the topics that will be covered are:-
- Discussion of the screening programme.
- Influences in uptake of women
- Prior notification lists.
- Anatomy and physiology in relation to sample taking and possible findings.
- Cervical cancer
- HPV and its impact on care
- Responsibilities of the sample taker,
- Female genital mutilation.
- Understanding test results.
This training will include presentation, group interaction, pictures, scenarios and a quiz.
Please note that only registered nurses and doctors can take cervical samples and must have completed recognised training in sample taking prior to this update.
You must also have quality assessed 20 consecutive recent samples that you have taken looking at reflective practice and inadequacy rates prior to attending the update. This is a NHSCSP requirement.