Time: 9.00am – 4.30pm
This CPD accredited theoretical update for cytology has been developed for practitioners who are trained to take cervical samples.
The update covers all the requirements that are set by the NHS Cervical screen programme (Nov 2016) to ensure that the sample take has met the guidance for continuing to take samples.
- Discussion of the screening programme
- Influences in update of women
- Prior notification lists
- Anatomy and physiology in relation to sample taking and possible findings
- Cervical cancer
- HPV and its impact on care
- Responsibilities of the sample taker
- Female genital mutilation
- Understanding the test results
This training will include presentation, group interaction, pictures, scenarios and a quiz.