Suitable for nurses, physicians associates, clinical pharmacists and paramedics who are involved in, or would like to become involved in, the prevention, diagnosis and management of cardiovascular disease. The day counts as 6 hours of CPD, using a collaborative learning approach, for your revalidation. By the end of the day delegates will develop their knowledge of:
- Risk factors for developing CVD including hypertension and dyslipidaemia and how to carry out competent risk assessment – QRisk 2, QRisk 3 and JBS3
- The latest evidence for lifestyle interventions in CVD
- Diagnosis and management of acute coronary syndrome, TIA and stroke, PAD, AF and heart failure in primary care
- The role of medication in managing these conditions
- CKD and CVD : chicken and egg?