This Mental Health Awareness Webinar presented by Kelly Hunt, covers all aspects of Mental Health, including problems that non-clinical staff may be presented with in their daily roles. As well as providing a greater understanding of Mental Health issues they face, the training will provide coping mechanisms and ultimately the ability to form an action plan to use in a crisis.
The training will take the form of a whole day course (with sufficient breaks). The delegates will receive resources via e-mail, which once completed, will be assessed by the trainer and receive a certificate valid for 3 years. Additionally each delegate will receive a student manual and access to weekly emails regarding Mental Health which would also include any updates to policies.
Mental Health Awareness – course outline
Level 2 (VTQ)
- Understand the difference between mental health and mental ill health.
- Describe the components of mental well-being and how it relates to resilience.
- Understand how risk factors associated with mental ill health can lead to problems in the workplace.
- Be able to recognise how mental health problems can affect day-to-day living.
- Understand how social and cultural attitudes can lead to mental illness.
- Understanding causes of stress and knowing how stress can stem from influences resulting from work.
- Be able to understand different types of mental health.
- Understand how anxiety, phobias, depression, bipolar and schizophrenia is a denominator for related mental health.
- Using an action plan to help in a crisis.