Facilitated by Jane Chiodini
Travel Health is a complex field of practice, travelers are visiting further afield and undertaking increasing adventurous activities. The practice of travel medicine is predominantly undertaken by Practice Nurses in Primary Care settings. Training is essential and this two-day course is designed to prepare you in the foundations of the subject. This course is held with a gap between the two days, allowing you time to put some of the learning into practice, then return for more teaching, but also to consolidate day one and discuss any issues you have.
- Introduction to travel medicine
- Tools and resources available
- The importance of travel risk assessment
- Overview of travel-related diseases and their prevention
- Exercises provided to put concepts into practice at work
- Recap on day 1 and work undertaken in the interim period
- Legal issues and responsibilities of the nurse undertaking travel medicine
- A practical workshop to put learning into action
Where to go from here ……..