A Sessional GP refers to any GP who is not working as a principal and includes:
Salaried GPs, Locums, Returners, Retainers, Out of Hours and Prison GPs.
Our annual Sessional GP Conference has been running for the last nine years and is being held again this year at the Anglia Ruskin University.
It will consist of four main plenaries and two sets of workshops as usual.
- Update on ARU New School of Medicine – Dr Roger Tisi
- The essentials for working as a Sessional GP – Dr Ben Molyneux – A whistle-stop tour of current issues facing Sessionals, some key information on practice contracts, working as a locum, and what to be aware of when working for an online provider.
- PCN Guidance for Sessional GPs – Dr Brian Balmer
- Common Eye Conditions that can be treated in Primary Care – Prof Rajesh Aggarwal
- CPR Training
- Child Safeguarding – 1 hour 5 minutes consistent with Level 3 training, based around the Toxic Trio
- Primary Care Emergency Scenarios
- NHS Pensions – The Good the Bad and the Ugly – A brief overview of the scheme followed by a question and answer session
We aim to:
- To value and support Sessional GPs
- To facilitate peer to peer networking
- To facilitate greater inclusion and involvement of Sessional GPs within the wider primary care community