This event will be delivered face to face at the EQUIP training offices in Witham.
This training course prepares healthcare professionals wishing to undertake the assessment process with the Association of Respiratory Technology and Physiology (ARTP) to become certified in performing spirometry.
The course fee includes registration with the ARTP to complete the assessments.
Learning outcomes include:
- Pathophysiology of lung disease
- Equipment used for measuring lung function
- Cleaning and maintenance of equipment
- How to perform spirometry to the recommended quality assured standard (practical)
- Errors and pitfalls
- COVID and Spirometry in practice
By the end of the course delegates will:
- Understand pre-test requirements and patient safety
- Infection control measures for equipment maintenance
- Equipment calibration/verification both technically and biologically
- CQC Requirements
- Recognise common errors when performing the test
- Understanding technical acceptability and reproducibility
- Obtain a quality assured spirometry trace, with basic interpretation
- Students booked onto the ARTP Spirometry Certificate will be expected to start their assessment process immediately after the training and will only have 9 months to complete all elements.
- By attending this course you agree to EQUIP sharing your name and email address with the ARTP.
- Details of the certificate and supporting information can be found at https://www.artp.org.uk/spirometry-candidate-resources. You will have 9 months to complete all the assessment elements.
- Courses that start prior to 15 days before the end of the month will be added to the next enrolment, otherwise, you will be enrolled the month after.
- You will receive an email from the ARTP to advise you that you have been booked onto the certificate and it will give you information on the assessment process to forewarn you.
- Once you are enrolled with the ARTP you will be emailed on the 1st working day of the month with the link to access the portfolio plus links to book your MCQ and/or OSCE assessments.