This event will be delivered face to face at the EQUIP training offices in Witham.
This training course prepares healthcare professionals wishing to undertake the assessment process with the Association of Respiratory Technology and Physiology (ARTP) to become certified in performing spirometry.
The course fee includes registration with the ARTP to complete the assessments.
Learning outcomes include:
- Pathophysiology of lung disease
- Equipment used for measuring lung function
- Cleaning and maintenance of equipment
- How to perform spirometry to the recommended quality assured standard (practical)
- Errors and pitfalls
- COVID and spirometry in practice
By the end of the course delegates will:
- Understand pre-test requirements and patient safety
- Infection control measures for equipment maintenance
- Equipment calibration/verification both technically and biologically
- CQC Requirements
- Recognise common errors when performing the test
- Understanding technical acceptability and reproducibility
- Obtain a quality assured spirometry trace, with basic interpretation