This training is for doctors, nurses and other clinical practitioners, who conduct remote and telephone triage and consultations where face to face interaction is limited.
Consulting with and assessing patients on the phone or by video carries risks, notably by not being able to see and/or examine the patient, but has become routine since the coronavirus crisis.
The training aims to increase your effectiveness; reduce your clinical (and medico-legal) risk and enhance your efficient use of time. It addresses the issues of safety netting, shortcuts in record keeping across various clinical systems, red flags and gives prompts in an accessible format so that nothing is missed during the call.
- Allows you to compare your successes and challenges with those of colleagues
- Presents with discussion ideas for managing remote triage/consultation systems
- Explores findings from research
- Works through a toolkit of skills for clinicians to use in telephone triage and remote consultation
The trainer uses a balance of activities including
- Presentation with facilitated discussion
- Interactive reflective activities
- Access to free online video and materials
Questions and discussions are welcomed.