This event is for HCAs and other unregistered staff and will be delivered online.
It is an interactive case-study-based session, where you can test out your knowledge and understanding of all things blood pressure related in a safe, supportive environment.
The session will cover:
- Why blood pressure matters – brief background information
- Hypertension – what is it and why does it happen? (includes risk factors and pathophysiology)
- Making the diagnosis
- The place for CVD risk assessment in people with hypertension
- Lifestyle interventions that work
- Medication – the basics
- Monitoring – BP, bloods and beyond