A two-day online training event has been created for those Healthcare Professionals who are new to managing respiratory disease in Primary Care. This will include practice Nurses, Clinical Pharmacists, and Paramedics.
At the end of the training, the delegate should have a clear understanding of:
- The disease process of both conditions
- Tools for diagnosis
- Basic Spirometry
- Conducting a virtual versus face to face review
- Half hour workshop on inhaler technique and devices used under local formularies local/national guidelines. This includes a demonstration by Jon Bell, Scientist
- Pharmaceutical and non-pharmaceutical management
- Exacerbation management
- Patient education and self-management.
Although there will be no formal assessment, it will be necessary for each delegate to have a mentor in practice to sign off the delegate, as clinically competent to undertake an asthma and or COPD review.
Further details of how to assign a Mentor etc will be given to the delegate in due course.