This seminar is facilitated by Darius Ferrigno
The seminar will cover the following:
- Defining, recording and measuring absence
- Controlling and minimising absence
- Interviews following return to work
- Modifying sick pay schemes
- Counselling employees
- Disciplining employees with poor absence records
- Procedure for capability dismissals – long term absenteeism
- Disciplining persistent intermittent absentees
- Using the appraisal system
- Management commitment
- Consideration of the Equality Act in relation to absence
- Rights to time off for ‘civic’ duties
- The right to time off for ante-natal care
- Maternity rights
- Parental and dependant leave
Due to the complexity of the material and the needs of the individual delegates, it may be necessary to vary the seminars, and we reserve the right to alter or amend the programme.
The relaxed style of this seminar will give all delegates considerable opportunity to discuss their own queries.
This seminar is highly interactive, and is delivered to delegates with a strong practical bias and a very focused approach.
The presenters on this programme hold appropriate legal qualifications.
This is a professional standards course, offering a practical and highly relevant approach to the law.
The course leader or leaders will employ a variety of techniques to make the seminar enjoyable and to ensure that concentration and interest are maintained throughout.