This two-day face-to-face Minor Illness course is aimed at Nurses and AHPs.
Course Content (subject to update)
Day 1 ENT Update
- Assess ears, nose and throat competently, including scores.
- Understand the main red flags in ENT.
- Recap of the most common conditions encountered in a primary care setting, including current guidelines.
- Update in prescribing and administration of medication
There will also be session on Headaches.
Day 2 DERMATOLOGY Update
- Assess skin competently, including scores.
- Update in malignant lesion, guidelines and referral, ABCDE.
- Understand the main red flags in Dermatology.
- Rashes: Assessment and management.
- Prescribing and administration of medication.
There will also be session on Physical Examination: Abdominal & Chest
Manuel Sevillano-Barbero has a Masters degree in Accident, Emergency and Critical care, which included an expertise course in critical care transport (essential to work for the Ambulance service as there are no Paramedics in Spain). In UK, he undertook a PG-Cert in Learning & Teaching in Higher Education and an MSc in Advanced Clinical Practice, including a Non-Medical Prescribing V-300.
He is currently a Senior Lecturer-Practitioner and Clinical Skills Lead for Medicine at a local university where he was the lead for the Minor Illness module. He is also a National OSCE Examiner for Physician Associates.