This course is designed for HCAs who are new to wound care. The course aims to enable HCAs in general practice to obtain the knowledge and skills they need to perform wound care and remove sutures/staples.
The course consists of a full-day study webinar, held at our Witham training rooms. You will also be required to undergo a period of supervised practice with a nurse mentor. A competency assessment package will be provided.
- The role of the HCA in wound care.
- Anatomy and physiology of the skin.
- Wound classification.
- Holistic wound assessment.
- Wound healing and infection.
- Wound management.
- Dressing choice and application.
- Removal of sutures and staples